By this time last year, you may have had already electronically filed your Income Tax Return. This is a gentle reminder for you to file your Income Tax Return for Assessment Year 2015-16. E-filing is simple, easy and convenient as you would have experienced in the last year.
This year we are excited to bring you the electronic verification facility using which you can avoid the signing and sending of the ITR-Verification form to CPC Bangalore. E-verification is possible through
i. Aadhaar One-time password (OTP) for which you would have to authenticate your Aadhaar and link it with your PAN, or
ii. Net-banking where you can login to your netbanking account and get redirected to the efiling account directly or
iii. E-filing OTP (available only if the Returned Income is below Rs 5 Lakh and no refund is claimed).
You are, therefore, kindly requested to login to https://incometaxindiaefiling.
gov.in and download the free return preparation software with a host of new features to help you in preparing the Income Tax return and submit your return. You can also prepare and submit ITR1 and ITR4S online. Please take some time to browse through all the value –added services offered on the E-filing website that will help you prepare your return accurately and guide you in case of any prior pending items.
Needless to mention that the quicker you submit your return and send the signed ITR-V (ITR-Verification) form to CPC, Bangalore, the faster your refund, if any, would be processed and credited to your bank account. As on 19th August 2015, over 6.4 lakh refunds have already been issued for AY 2015-16, many of them where return was e-verified! File early to get your return processed soon .
In case you have already e-Filed for Income Tax Return for AY 2015-16, kindly ignore this email.
Income Tax Department
The Income Tax Department has sent reminders for e-filing of your income tax return for financial year 2014-15 (assessment year 2015-16).
In summary here’s what the income tax department wants you to do.
- Already E-filed – If you have already e-filed there is nothing to worry, you can ignore this email. All you need to do is now verify your return (see below).
- Not E-filed yet – If you have not yet e-filed your tax return you must do so soon, the due date for filing your income tax return is 31st August 2015.
- Verify your Return – A return which has been e-filed must be verified.
If you have already e-filed or will be e-filing in the next couple of days, you can now E-VERIFY your return. You can use any one of the means
- via income tax department website (click here) OR
- via netbanking (click here) OR
- via aadhaar OTP (click here) .
Here’s how to choose a method to e-verify.
Do remember to send you physical ITR-V if you are not able to successfully e-verify. And for those who have successfully e-verified there is no need to send the physical ITR-V.
- Faster refund – The Income Tax Department has already processed some of the tax refunds for those who have e-filed. So to avoid any delays in receiving a refund for financial year 2014-15 E-FILE