The CBDT has just released new income tax return form ITR-2A. E-filing for this income tax return form has not been enabled yet. Here are the main highlights of the form –
- This form is applicable for those who have salary income and own more than one house property and DO NOT have any capital gains
- However, those who have Long-term capital gains from transactions on which Securities Transaction Tax is paid which are exempt from tax can still use this income tax return form.
- A field for mentioning passport number has been added
- Bank account details are now required for all accounts held – no details required for dormant accounts
- NRIs can file ITR-2A if applicable
Download form itr2a_2015.
This income tax return form CANNOT be filed by those who have –
- Income from Capital Gains
- Income from Business or Profession
- Any claim of relief/deduction under section 90, 90A or 91
- Any resident having any asset (including financial interest in any entity) located outside India or signing authority in any account located outside India
- Any resident having income from any source outside India.
Write to us firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions
Here is screenshot of the form –