If you filed your income tax return for FY 2014-15 and have not received your REFUND yet – read on to understand why you may not have received it.
Usually, if you have completed the process of your filing your return and duly sent the ITR-V to the IT Department – the status of your Refund will be updated by the department. This process at least takes 90days or sometimes may take even longer. Do note that the department pays interest on your refund if the delay is greater than 90 days of e-filing (interest is paid when refund is more than 10% of the tax payable by you).
Click here – to check the status of your Income Tax Refund. All you need is your PAN number and the assessment year (Assessment year is 2015-16 for financial year 2014-15).
You can also check the status of your Refund by downloading our app. This lets you check your refund status on your phone on the go!
Do note that online status of your refund is updated only after 10-15 days of the processing of your refund.
Is your Refund Status one of these below? Here’s what you should do
- ‘No e-Filing has been done for this assessment year’ – This means you have not filed your return for the assessment year or in case you have filed the department may not have received it. Did you forget to send the ITR-V? You can check the status of your ITR-V If you have not filed your return and you are expecting a refund –file your return NOW. If you had filed a return but forgot to send your ITR-V, you may have to revise your Return.
- ‘Not Determined’ – This means your refund is still under process and the department is working on it. Allow another 2-3 weeks and check your refund status again. Usually, refunds are faster when you e-file your return.
- ‘Refund Paid’ – The department has already done its job and processed your refund. Didn’t see a credit to your account? Check in your IT Return if you entered your bank account details and the IFSC or MIRC code correctly. You can access all your past returns on ClearTax and check bank details entered by you. If you have mentioned incorrect information – then login in the Income Tax e-Filing website and go to ‘My Account’ → ‘Refund re-issue request’. Enter the new Bank Account Number and provide address details. Submit the request. Or else if your details look ok in the return- approach your AO immediately and inform him that refund has not been credited to you. You can look up your AO details – here.
- No demand no refund – Did you submit your IT Return with a refund due status? You may have possibly missed out on a deduction because of which you were expecting a refund. Review your Return and see if you skipped something. You can revise your Return if you feel you did not ask for a refund when it was due. Do remember that a return can only be revised when it is submitted before its due date.
- Any other status – Usually the IT department sends a notice where it either refuses your refund, since there is an error in your return. Check your emails to find out if you received a notice from the department – the notice has details of why your claim has been rejected and you can then review this information.
If you have not been able to resolve the status of your refund or need to correspond with the AO – reach out to us email@example.com and our experts will assist you. In case you have received some other status on your refund send that to us or comment here and we will revert back to you.