First time at filing your IT Return? Sit back & relax as we answer all your queries about where & how to start.
- Should I file a Return? The IT Departments requires everyone to file their IT returns if their income is more than Rs 2,00,000. Non-filing of returns may attract some penalties from the IT department.
- All my tax is already deducted? While, TDS may already have been deducted from your earnings, disclosing all your incomes and filing your return timely is still your responsibility. Even if all taxes have been deducted on your income and your total income is more than Rs 2,00,000, the IT department wants you to submit your IT Return.
- My Employer gave me a Form 16? Your Form 16 is like a certificate your employer gave you for all the taxes they deducted. In fact, anyone who deducts tax before paying you is required to give you a certificate of it. But you will still have to file your IT Return. You can easily upload your Form 16 online at www.cleartax.in and your return will be ready in a couple of minutes. So do file a return if your total income is above the minimum exemption limit of Rs 2,00,000.
- I don’t know what is my Total Income? Your income is the sum total of your income from the following heads – Income from Salaries, Income from House Property, Income from Capital Gains, Income from Business & Profession and Income from Other Sources.
You can choose to disclose all your incomes (other than salary) to your employer and get tax deducted. This saves you the hassle of paying taxes yourself. While filing your return, make sure you have considered all sources of income, interest on your savings bank account, interest from FDs or any shares you sold during the year. Basically, remember to capture all your incomes.
- How do I go about filing my return? Once you upload your Form 16, we will pick up all your data from it and magically populate your return. However, if you wish to do it manually, you can input the information yourself. You can also use your Form 26AS to get a sense of all the TDS that has been deducted against your PAN number, this will also help you identify all the incomes you need to report. Do remember to enter your personal information like phone number, email address and bank account number accurately. You don’t have to worry about the deductions – once you provide all the information we will make sure you get all the deductions you are eligible to. See how simple and easy this can be https://cleartax.in/Guide/eFilingIncomeTaxReturns. Once you are done supplying all the information in the return, the details will be available for your review – in simple word or pdf format. If all looks ok to you, go ahead and submit your return to the IT department.
- I do not understand all aspects of my return and I need a CA to help me? We have CA assisted filing plans to suit all your needs, see here http://cleartax.in/Meta/CharteredAccountant. Choose the plan that fits you and let an expert take care of it – without you having to step out of the comfort of your house. Leave all your tax filing worries to us!
With cleartax, return filing is absolutely easy and hassle free
file with us NOW!