Deduction under section 80C can be claimed towards school fees or tuition fees paid for the education of your children. A maximum deduction of Rs 1,50,000 is available within the overall limit of Section 80C.
This deduction can be claimed by an Individual. The deduction can be claimed for maximum 2 children. It is allowed on the amount which is actually paid in the year.
The educational institution must be situated in India for the deduction to be allowed.
Eligible Payments – Here are all the school fees that can be claimed as deduction –
- Play school fees
- Pre-nursery fees
- Nursery class and higher classes fees
- University, college or other educational institution fees
Payments that are not allowed – The following payments towards the child’s education are not allowed to be claimed as a deduction –
- Part time courses
- Coaching classes or private tuitions
- Distance learning courses
- Donation to an educational institution
- Development fees
- Hostel fees
- Late fees are also not eligible.
If you have any questions – write to us firstname.lastname@example.org