Previous Years’ Tax Returns – How to check if you’ve e-Filed

So you think you’ve e-Filed and sent your ITR-V for the past few years.

But how do you check? Well there’s an easy way to do so and you don’t even have to login to your Income Tax account.

Here’s what you need to do –

  1. Go to The Income Tax Department’s website
  2. Click on ITR-V Receipt Status


  3. Next, input your Pan number and the Assessment Year


  4. Enter the Captcha code and submit

Now, if you have filed for that particular year, and sent the ITR-V to CPC, Bangalore, you should see:

ITR-V Received

Incase there you haven’t e-Filed you’ll see:
No E-Return has been filed for this Pan and Assessment Year or e-filing Acknowledgement number

So, this way, you could input details for all the years that you need to check for and get the status promptly.

Questions? Write to us at Cleartax!

Comments are closed.