This Income Tax Return Form is meant for individuals and HUF who are partners in a firm; but do not carry business under propreitorship.
The Income Tax Department has released income tax return form ITR-3 for assessment year (AY) 2015-16 applicable for income earned in the financial year (FY) 2014-15. Here we list down the changes in these forms from the last FY 2013-14.
The following are the significant changes from last year’s form
- Aadhaar Card information & Passport number – In case of an individual if the tax payer has an aadhaar card that has to be provided and a passport number also where available.
- Details of Bank Accounts held – Similar to other ITR -1, ITR-2, ITR-2A – details have been requested for IFS Code of the bank, name of the bank, account number, whether it’s a savings or current and account in which refund should be credited. Here is a snapshot
- Schedule IT, TDS 1, TDS 2, TCS have been moved along with the main section of the ITR just after verification signatures and taken off from the schedules.
- Schedule CG New 6a (Short Term Capital Gains) which asks for details of utilization of capital gains account scheme
- Schedule CG New 7 (Short Term Capital Gains) with further details asked for DTAA benefit taken
- Schedule CG New 8a (Long term capital gains) with details of utilization of capital gains account scheme.
- Schedule CG New 9 for DTAA benefit taken
- Schedule OS with more details of DTAA benefit taken for income from Other Sources
- Schedule EI of Exempt income to include break up of gross agricultural receipts.
Do you have to file your income tax return in ITR-3? write to us firstname.lastname@example.org