When you e-file your Income Tax Return, the Income Tax department sends your ITR-V to the email address you selected within 2-3 days of e-filing.
- If you file close to the deadline (i.e. July 31st), they will take more time to send your ITR-V. Income Tax Department took around 7-8 days to send out the ITR-V in many cases.
- Sometimes the email containing the ITR-V was found in the SPAM folder of your email provider. The email is sent out to you by the I-T department from firstname.lastname@example.org Search your spam folder.
- The Income Tax Department makes the ITR-V available on their official portal. www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
- You will have to login to the government website. The username is your PAN number. (ClearTax cannot help you with your password on this government website).
- Once you login to the website, you will see the returns submitted by you
- Click on the acknowledgement number and a popup will open.
- Click on ITR-V / Acknowledgement to download your ITR-V