Here are the three different ways of downloading your ITR-V -
(1) With ClearTax – When you file your return with ClearTax, you can find your ITR-V by simply logging into cleartax.in. Just follow these 3 steps to find your ITR-V –
- Login and Go to Your Tax Return
- Click on “Tax-Filing” Tab to go to Summary Page
- Download ITR-V
Password for opening ITR-V – Your password is your PAN number in lowercase alongwith your date of birth and no spaces in between. For example – Example: PAN: AAAPA1111F Date of birth: 01/01/1975 password: aaapa1111f01011975
(2) Email from IT Department – When you e-file your Income Tax Return, the Income Tax department sends your ITR-V to the email address you selected within 2-3 days of e-filing.
Do keep in mind:
- If you file close to the deadline (i.e. July 31st), they will take more time to send your ITR-V. Income Tax Department took around 7-8 days to send out the ITR-V in many cases.
- Sometimes the email containing the ITR-V was found in the SPAM folder of your email provider. The email is sent out to you by the I-T department from email@example.com Search your spam folder.
(3) The Income Tax Department’s official portal – The Income Tax Department makes the ITR-V available on their official portal. Login on the government website -www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
Step 1. Login to your account. The username is your PAN number. (ClearTax cannot help you with your password on this government website)
Step 2. Once you login to the website, you will see a Dashboard – click on “View Return/Forms”